End of the year
This year is drawing to a close. That is a good opportunity to recap the year and highlight some accomplishments.
* TeamSpeak developed a complete new Android Client from scratch as the former client did not meet our own expectations. That new client went through nine months of beta and finally got released on October 07th. As a thank you for our beta testers we started the App sales with a 50% discount. Due to the positive feedback we extended the discount period from November 11th to December 31st 2013.
* In many discussions and forum threads we heard about TeamSpeak users being unsure if anti-cheat programs might misinterpret the TeamSpeak ingame overlay and therefore trigger wrong alarm. We had only limited resources to work on our own overlay so we decided to partner up with Overwolf, who have multiple developers solely focused on ingame overlay design. As a result of our partnership TeamSpeak users can now easily invoke the Overwolf overlay out of the TeamSpeak client and getting the best voice experience from TeamSpeak combined with the best overlay experience from Overwolf.
* TeamSpeak attended gamescom 2013 in Cologne. It was a pleasure for us to be part of the best gamescom ever with 340.000+ visitors. Highlight for most of our fans and friends were the daily TeamSpeak shows on the Roccat stage. Offside the stage many users, fans and friends talked to us and shared their experience and fun with TeamSpeak. We enjoyed and value the feedback and therefore plan to return to gamescom 2014 with exciting news and features. Stay tuned...
So you can see, it was a great, busy, and thrilling year for all of us. And our plans are to come back next year with more exciting news and features. But for the remainder of the year we are taking a break and enjoy the holiday season with our friends and families. Therefore NPL registration, ATHP registration and also some maintenance on the Addon page are suspended and will remain offline until January 6th.
We from TeamSpeak wish all our users, customers, partners, friends and their families a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2014.
Server Hotfix out now!
This week we released a new TeamSpeak 3 server version (18.104.22.168). This release contains the following required changes:
+ fixed temporary server groups issue
+ fixed crash at startup while upgrading from 3.0.8 or earlier
TeamSpeak 3 Server Version 22.214.171.124 released
We released a new TeamSpeak 3 server (126.96.36.199). This version contains a fix against a rare server crash on client disconnect. Please read the changelogs for detailed information!
Client Hotfix available
A new TeamSpeak 3 client version 188.8.131.52 is available. This version contains a hotfix to prevent possible crashes.
TeamSpeak 3 for Android released
The wait is finally over, TeamSpeak 3 for Android released!
After more than one and a half years of development, we are happy to announce the final release of TeamSpeak 3 for Android. During this time we have received a lot of suggestions, feedback, and comments from our beta testers, whom we would like to thank for all their valued input.
These are some of the requested and implemented Android client features:
- Server-, channel-, and private chats
- Automated away status on incoming phone calls
- Creating and managing channels
- Assigning channel and server groups
- Administration of user features: moving, banning, kicking, complaining, blocking, etc.
- Requesting and granting Talkpower
- Basic server admin
As was the case with the iOS TeamSpeak 3 client, the high cost of development and subsequent maintenance has also forced us to charge for the Android TeamSpeak 3 client, allowing us to keep it free of advertisement. In appreciation of the beta usage, we will be offering a 50% discount on the Android client until November 11th.