Officials News - Teamspeak.com.
Click on a subject to read it
Season's greetings from TeamSpeak!
The magic of the Holidays is in the air and the New Year is just around the corner. On behalf of everyone at TeamSpeak we want to wish you every happiness this holiday season, with good health and prosperity for 2013. As Christmas is upon us, it's the perfect time to take a break from work and cherish the warmth of the season with friends and family. As such, our company will be operating on limited staff during the week of Christmas and New Year's. In addition, our Non-Profit License (NPL) registration page will be unavailable starting Friday December 21, 2012 resuming normal operations on Wednesday January 9, 2013. Please also bear with us as you may experience some delays from our ticket system support staff during this time frame.
We again thank you all for your support this year, and for choosing TeamSpeak. May all the joy of this holiday season continue with you throughout the new year.
Good tidings and best wishes,
- TeamSpeak Team
Dear Non-Profit License (NPL) Users:
In recent months we have seen a substantial increase in complaints about our new NPL policy. We therefore felt compelled to make a public statement to address the most common concerns which have been brought to our attention.
IN THE PAST...
TeamSpeak was founded by individuals with a passion to build a powerful, quality, scalable voice chat solution for gamers. Initially there was no licensing system at all. Just like today our software was available for free download to the masses, and by the masses it was indeed obtained. TeamSpeak's popularity grew, and some people with the technical savvy, know-how, or an existing hosting business began to take it upon themselves to offer TeamSpeak server hosting...some for free, and some for commercial gain. It was soon realized that we could no longer ignore commercializing a component of our software for the purpose of facilitating for-profit hosting entities. Thus, the NPL was born to address the needs of most common guilds, clans, and non-profit communities while a commercial licensing and billing system was also created for entities which are now known as Authorized TeamSpeak Host Providers (ATHPs). However, without an integrated license mechanism for TeamSpeak software itself, piracy primarily consisting of unlicensed users hosting servers for commercial gain continued to grow as quickly as TeamSpeak's popularity...that is, until TeamSpeak 3 was introduced.
IN THE PRESENT...
As most people are aware, TeamSpeak 3 contains a powerful licensing system...a system which includes built in anti-piracy measures, license data which can be monitored, and a system whereby licensing can be enforced in more ways than ever before. In addition, our default TeamSpeak 3 server download includes a native 32-slot, single virtual server license which does not require registration of any kind, and is currently utilized by thousands of small gaming guilds and clans which do not necessarily NEED an NPL. However, some of our older policies surrounding the NPL have carried from TeamSpeak 2 to TeamSpeak 3...one such policy is the fact that we continue to allow 10 virtual servers per NPL. This "benefit" alone has been among the biggest source of abuse, piracy, and general issues we have encountered since the existence of the NPL. Many of you may not be aware that our dedicated customer support staff spends more time dealing with NPL issues which bring us $0 in revenue than all other customer queries combined -- both of which we must continue to support if we are to stay afloat as a company. Bottom line? NPLs actually cost us money to manage, maintain, and support...yet as a company we INSIST on their existence. We hope this brings additional perspective with regard to the magnitude of the problems we are facing with the NPL, and the amount of time and resources these issues consume from our team.
IN THE FUTURE...
Our goal is NOT to eliminate the NPL for at its core, the NPL drives the very spirit and REASON for which TeamSpeak was invented in the first place. Instead, it is our desire to legitimize NPL operations in such a manner that they should be utilized by non-profit, non-commercial entities seeking quality voice chat for the sole purpose of facilitating communication within their own communities...and not necessarily someone else's. We want NPL licensees to be indicative of the very guilds, clans, and communities which have thrived over the years, rely heavily on TeamSpeak for their communication needs, and have helped us grow. It is for these reasons that our latest NPL policy changes have one primary goal in mind -- to minimize the abuse and piracy which unfortunately tends to fuel some NPL users. At this point, we can only promise two things: 1) there will probably be additional changes coming soon to further fine-tune our NPL policies and 2) regardless of such changes, the NPL is NOT going away.
We want to extend our deepest gratitude to the many users which have legitimately acquired NPLs for non-commercial purposes, and have spent countless hours contributing and being a part of TeamSpeak's growth and success. For this we honor you, and we hope you will continue your efforts. We recognize those of you in this category and we fully expect you to observe that the changes we are implementing will for the most part not affect you.
Our sincere regards,
- TeamSpeak Team
Sign up for our closed beta and a chance to win a Razer Megalodon Headset!
We are looking for eager testers, who wish to participate in our Android client beta test and provide high quality feedback.
If you want to be among the first to try our new TeamSpeak 3 Android client, head over to our registration form and sign up!
We are happy to announce the release of version 184.108.40.206 of the TeamSpeak 3 Client.
This version is a hotfix that fixes an issue with the sound pack selection, which caused the default female sound pack to be selected when you did not modify your bookmarks since version 3.0.1 of the TeamSpeak client.
If you already updated to the 3.0.9 release you will unfortunately have to set the sound pack for each bookmark in the bookmark manager or use the new button that was added to the notifications area in the options dialog to automatically set all your bookmarks to use the sound pack selected in the notification options.
If you have not yet updated to the 3.0.9 release you won't have to do anything.
=== Client Release 220.127.116.11 25 Oct 2012
+ Added button in notifications to set all bookmark soundpacks to "default".
- Fixed converter setting "default" instead of "default female voice" so old
bookmarks use soundpack in notifications.
We are happy to announce the release of version 3.0.9 of the TeamSpeak 3 Client.
This new release comes with a new storage system for the TeamSpeak settings, which are now saved as a database instead of using multiple ini files. When upgrading to this version, old settings will be automatically converted. The now unused ini files are moved into a backup folder in the TeamSpeak config directory.
Also this release includes many improvements like more hotkeys, better support for joystick and gamepad hotkeys on Windows and many minor corrections.
Here's the complete changelog:
=== Client Release 3.0.9 23 Oct 2012
+ Changed the storage format of the configuration files to a SQLite database.
Conversion is done automatically the first time the client is started, all
affected files will be moved to a backup folder.
+ Increased Plugin API version to 19
+ Added setClientVolumeModifier to plugin API. Min/Max volume is -50.0 to +20.0
+ Added getClientNeededPermission and getPermissionIDByName to plugin API
+ Added missing plugin API parameters for onUpdateClientEvent
+ Added parsing of channel id "cid=xyz" from invitation link. If you also give
a channel name parameter the channel id gets priority.
+ Added channel/client search in active server tree with STRG+F but only if
the server tree has the focus. Otherwise it is the ordinary chat search.
+ Added hotkey switch to previous/next channel (channel family).
+ Added hotkey switch to previous/next channel (same level).
+ Added hotkey request talk power.
+ Added hotkey revoke all and grant next user talk power.
+ Added revoke talk power by double clicking the tree icon.
+ Added revoke talk power and revoke all and grant next user talk power toolbar
+ Added host message preview button which shows the formatted message in a
+ Added Hotkey Gamepad and Joystick compatibility for RAW and Direct Input.
Existing Direct Input hotkeys will be converted to Raw Input once Direct
Input is activated. Existing Raw Input hotkeys cannot be converted so they
have to be reassigned.
+ Added date and time to server log ("*** Log begins...").
+ Added bookmarkmanager context menu "sort by name".
* After deleting an offline message the next message will be selected.
* Moved possible existing serverquery authlogin and authpassword from
ts3clientui_qt.conf to ts3clientui_qt.secrets.conf.
* Added Made in Germany icon in About dialog.
* Chat character counter always located left of newsticker.
* Client drag&drop improvements.
* Added -silent commandline parameter to package installer.
* Package installer stores installed add-ons in addons.ini
* Modified tree behaviour to avoid scrolling up/down constantly on crowded
* Modified chat scrolling behaviour to keep the chat textoutput in place when
new messages arrive while being scrolled up or having text selected.
* Added [hr] bbCode support to channel description.
* Added save and restore last ban reason when banning a client.
* Added offline subject and message character limit.
* When dropping many files into chat line the drop text will be just cut off at
the end because of the chat line limit. When dropping many files into chat
history and the message length would fit into two separate lines, the drop
will be accepted. If the drop text is too long it will be ignored.
* Small icons will get extended and centered to at least 16x16.
* Added license display to server info (SERVER_LICENSE for template)
* Extended logging for querying TSDNS SRV records.
- Fixed context menu in channel description edit.
- Fixed HTML entities in plain chat log.
- Fixed embedding local server banner URL in [IMG] tags is no longer necessary.
Just drop an image from file filebrowser or type a valid ts3image:// link.
- Fixed connecting to server via ts3server:// link or invitation if link
contains a channel name.
- Fixed a reply offline message coloring issue.
- Fixed hotkey compatibility issue with keys "M" and "N".
- Fixed hotkey issue with "keyboard & mouse only" (no keys were captured).
- Fixed display of resized animated banner.
- Fixed possibily blocking ban dialog time display.
- Don't allow negative ban times.
- Fixed icon viewer grid size, which could be broken after uploading icons
which don't have the standard size of 16x16.
- Updated b_client_is_sticky permission help text.
- Fixed unicode usage of updater uncompression tool.
- Fixed servericon not updating properly in chat tab.
- Removed legacy VAD option from capture options.
- Clear temporary statusbar message when typing chats, the max characters
counter could overlap with tempoary help texts.
- Fixed possible crash when using the -nohotkeys parameter.
- Removed built-in serverquery Window. Future server versions do not support
- Fixed max input length calculation for channel description and offine
messages when using unicode and escaped characters.
- Fixed group sorting in channel groups of client dialog.
- Fixed saving sort column and sort order in offline messages dialog.
- Fixed that channel description editor only shows plain text.
- Fixed plugin enable/disable checkbox at plastique style.
- Fixed joining servers default channel if bookmarks default channel is full.
- Fixed copying text from info frame if text is formatted with [list] tag.
- Fixed background when dragging files from file browser.
- The offline message dialog can be opened once per server and will act on the
- Fixed upload/download state after resuming a transfer interrupted by error.
- Fixed transfer state after resuming an interrupted transfer and also the